In accommodation, we conduct the proper research while choosing the right place of homestay or living for our students which is nearby to their study place so that they can easily go to their study places on time without any delay. Also, it reduces their cost of living along with their safety. Are you thinking about studying abroad but are worried about where to stay there?
Now, you don’t have to worry further, as it will be taken care of by the experts and advisors of the Getraise team. Depending on the university, international student’s housing system can vary. Some universities only have dormitories on campus, while other may have them both on and off-campus. Every city is different as well as some may have housing shortages, making a roof over your head a little bit more challenging, but International students can always find a way. Here are some tips which will assist you in searching a good place to live when you’re abroad as an international student
- Check with the Education abroad Sector – Call them to check about the available housing options in the foreign countries and what amount of their students live on campus and off-campus. They should be more than willing to help you in your tough times. They will recommend you best housing options available in that particular country.
- Join Social Media Groups – Another great resources for gathering good amount of information in context of housing facilities in foreign countries, student can join groups on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. These groups are made with the specific purpose of providing necessary information to the students and their families.
- Use any existing network in Abroad – when looking for accommodation’s other countries, take help from any existing network in that country. If you have some prior connections in that country then you’re lucky enough, you can ask them if they know anybody who are ready to rent their places so that they could reach out to their network on your behalf.
Different types of accommodations available in different countries can be:
- Homestay – Homestay is referred to as most comfortable option for students studying abroad. Staying with family members in their homes is the most comforting thing as you can have easy access to the basic needs like food, shelter, clothing and many more without any problem. Also, you will be getting enough familiar environment due to which you will not highly likely to miss your family.
- Apartment Living – Living in an apartment where you have to share it with other students is one of the most comfortable option and can be really great experience. Living in your own rented apartment can be hectic but it develops the overall personality of an individual. Also, it helps you learning new things and makes you more confident in your lives. The basic chores that a student is required to do is his/her laundry, cooking, and other things which are necessary to do in a basic house living.
- Student Dorms – the option of student dormitory is mostly adopted by the first-year students. In student dorms, you will have the access to the basic facilities like you have in your home. It is a great opportunity for the student want to adapt new cultures and traditions and help you in building good friend network.